Department of Mathematics
Room 319, Mathematical Science Building
77 Cheongam-ro, Nam-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea
I was a postdoctoral researcher in Department of Mathematics and the NSF-Simons Center for Multiscale Cell Fate Research at University of California, Irvine. My mentor was German Enciso.
I received my Ph. D degree in Department of Mathematics at University of Wisconsin-Madison under the guidance of David Anderson (Thesis title : Stochastically modeled reaction networks : positive recurrence and mixing times).
My research interests lie at the intersection of probability, mathematical biology and reaction networks. (See more details in Research)
If you are interested in collaborating for stochastic reaction networks, Markov chains for biological systems, modeling epigenome dynamics, and any other mathematical biology projects, feel free to contact me.
- September 2021 — Start work at Department of Mathematics of POSTECH in Korea Republic as an assistant professor.
- June 15th 2021 — My high school student mentor, Minseo Kim, will give a talk about his recent research “Revealing the Effect of Hydration on Kidney Stone Formation Through Singular Perturbation Analysis” at SMB 2021.
- March 2021 — My high school student mentor, Minseo Kim, has won the 2nd place of Orange County Science and Engineering Fair in the category of ‘Mathematics and Software’. His research topic is “Revealing the Effect of Hydration on Kidney Stone Formation Through Singular Perturbation Analysis”. Link for his poster.
Recent / Upcoming Talks (KST)
- November 19th 2021, 2:00 PM (KST) — “State space truncation of stochastic biochemical systems”, APCTP workshop on Frontiers in Theoretical Biophysics.
- November 5th 2021, 3:50 PM — “Graphical description of biochemical systems via reaction networks”, Math Colloquium, POSTECH, Online. Zoom Id: 973 3057 1378, Password: 37673.
- October 19th 2021, ReaDiNet 2021 conference, Online.
- October 16th 2021, Applied Math Colloquium, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Online.
- September 2021, The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics Workshop on Nonequilibrium collective phenomena.