Department of Mathematics
Room 305, Mathematical Science Building
77 Cheongam-ro, Hyogok-dong, Nam-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
I was a postdoctoral researcher in Department of Mathematics and the NSF-Simons Center for Multiscale Cell Fate Research at University of California, Irvine. My mentor was German Enciso.
I received my Ph. D degree in Department of Mathematics at University of Wisconsin-Madison under the guidance of David Anderson (Thesis title : Stochastically modeled reaction networks : positive recurrence and mixing times).
My research interests lie at the intersection of probability, mathematical biology and network science. (See more details in Research)
If you are interested in collaborating for stochastic reaction networks, Markov chains for biological systems, modeling epigenome dynamics, and any other mathematical biology projects, feel free to contact me.
- September 2021 — Start work at Department of Mathematics of POSTECH in Korea Republic as an assistant professor.
- August 9th to 20th 2021 — ILJU MINDS Data Science Intensive Research School.
- June 15th 2021 — My high school student mentor, Minseo Kim, will give a talk about his recent research “Revealing the Effect of Hydration on Kidney Stone Formation Through Singular Perturbation Analysis” at SMB 2021.
- March 2021 — My high school student mentor, Minseo Kim, has won the 2nd place of Orange County Science and Engineering Fair in the category of ‘Mathematics and Software’. His research topic is “Revealing the Effect of Hydration on Kidney Stone Formation Through Singular Perturbation Analysis”. Link for his poster.
Recent / Upcoming Talks
- September 2021, The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics Workshop on Nonequilibrium collective phenomena.
- July 26th 2021, 11 AM (PST) — “Mixing times for stochastically modeled biochemical reaction systems“, AIM workshop: Limits and control of stochastic reaction networks.
- May 23th 2021, 9:16 AM (PST) — “Slack Reactants: A State-Space Truncation Framework for Stochastic Reaction Networks” at the session ‘Applications of Stochastic Reaction Networks’ of SIAM DS2021.
- June 14th 2021, 4:15 AM (PST) — “Mixing times for stochastically modeled biochemical reaction systems” at the session ‘Stochastic methods for biochemical reaction networks’ of SMB 2021.